On Thursday, December 4, 2014, Richmond Hill High School hosted the Fall Media Specialist Collaborative in the LiNK. Approximately 85 people, representing 16 school systems, participated in a day of learning and sharing. This infographic, courtesy of Jeff Giddens, maps the demographics of the participants.
Special thanks to the following:
- The planning committee
- Robin Thompson and others at Richmond Hill High School/Bryan County for hosting the event
- Media specialists who presented sessions throughout the day
- Daniel Rivera and Jeff Giddens for inspiring the group with the keynote session, Curiosity Skilled the Cat, and leading breakout and collaboration sessions.
The interactive agenda from the day has links to all sessions which include the presenter information and presentation and/or resource links shared during the session. The keynote address presentation is also linked. Thanks again to everyone who participated!
Interactive Agenda: http://goo.gl/DE28qy
Keynote: Curiosity Skilled the Cat
- Personalized Learning Networks (PLNs)
- Resources for the Curious
- Our Media 180
- Let’s Talk Books
- Getting Started with Code.org
- Channeling Your Inner YouTube
- Google Drive (Intermediate)
- Revamping Your Space
- EdCamps as Models for Professional Development
- Picture This: Building Great Infographics
- Digital Data Visualization
- Android/Chrome Apps